Senior Accounting Clerk
Company: Wayne Farms LLC
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Senior Accounting Clerk
- PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Primarily responsible for performing payroll processing duties,
sales, and general accounting duties for a poultry processing plant
and hatchery. Performs all work in compliance with company
policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines and local, state and
federal policies, laws and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Under minimal supervision, performs payroll processing. Verify
accuracy by generating reports, verifying data and making
corrections as specified by supervisors for each pay period. Follow
local Union Contract rules when processing payroll.
- Compile weekly and monthly sales data by generating the
required reports to verify and report sales, claims, and other
applicable information. Reconcile sales to the general ledger and
make any applicable general ledger entries.
- Balance production and sales numbers on weekly and monthly
- Report weekly operational results to local management.
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts and research and
- Report annual unclaimed wages and any applicable labor reports
to the appropriate agencies.
- Process invoices by matching invoice to requisition to received
product, code and enter into accounting system in a timely
- Generate a POS (purchase outside the system) when an invoice is
received that does not have an associated invoice.
- Work with purchasing to investigate and resolve unmatched
invoices; train on correct procedure when needed.
- Be able to cross-train and backup other areas within the
- Work in compliance with all company policies, NCC Animal
Welfare Guidelines and local, state and federal policies, laws and
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. back-up receptionist, mail
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree in accounting or higher.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Prefer Minimum three (3) years' experience in Accounting
- Knowledge of ADP and e-time preferred
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills sufficient
to communicate and interact effectively with all levels within the
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple
- Excellent organizational skills, with precise attention to
- Demonstrated sound work ethic, high degree of personal
integrity, honesty and moral character
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended shift
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and
- Prepare general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation
problems and discrepancies
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial
- Aptitude for numbers
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures
and applicable laws
- Follow departmental and company safety policies and
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times in
areas where required
- Frequently lifts 10 lbs and occasionally 40 lbs
- Occasionally walks throughout facility
- Occasionally subject to extreme wet and cold, as well as hot
and humid environments
- May work around live and/or raw animal smells
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wayne Farms LLC, Decatur , Senior Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!