General Office Clerk
Company: Holland, Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The General Office Clerk will perform various office support and
clerical functions for the local operating facility. Support the
functions of the office and facility through various tasks and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform clerical/administrative assignments in accordance with
established procedures and under general instruction.
- Print, scan and update documents in accordance to established
office practices. Create and file documents relating to the
operation of the facility
- Respond to customer communications in an accurate and timely
manner and investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Create, review and maintain various reports and ensure proper
- Open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing
- Order and keep track of office supplies.
- Assist in the administration and office support functions by
maintaining office records, personnel files and answering routine
questions about company policy.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g.,
people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to
change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and
collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate
interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with
customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way
that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a
team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization
- Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Some college or equivalent training.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors.
Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or
standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to
perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional
lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: Holland, Inc, Decatur , General Office Clerk, Administration, Clerical , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!