Company: The South Tennessee Oil Company, Inc.
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Office Receptionist Job DescriptionThe Office Receptionist is
responsible for managing the front desk of the office and serves as
the first point of contact for customers both in person and via
phone. They will answer phones, direct visitors to the correct
offices, handle filing and special project needs for the office
team, maintain the conference room schedule, prepare office supply
orders, etc. The Office Receptionist will file and maintain and log
all store paperwork and records and communicate all applicable
changes and needs to the supervisors. They will interact daily with
vendors, Company team members including accounting. The Office
Receptionist must always maintain a positive attitude with
excellent customer services skills. -Under the general direction of
the Office Manager, the Office Receptionist performs professional
and administrative duties to manage and maintain an organized and
clear chain of communications for Quik Mart Convenience Stores
multi-unit retail operations and commissary. The Office
Receptionist will need to perform these duties in accordance with
our culture code.1. We are a true team2. We appreciate each other3.
We are kind4. We take pride in our workMajor Responsibilities and
- Answer phones and greet all visitors
- Maintain communication with members of the team through phone
and email to alert when visitors have arrived
- Assist with store invoicing and vendor payments
- Maintain orderly filing for ease of access and review of store
- Assist in store reporting as requested by Operations Team
- Distribute mail and deliveries
- Other tasks as assigned or presented
Skills and Personal Characteristics Required
- High energy level and comfortable performing multifaceted
projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate attentiveness to details; be resourceful, and
- Must be results and people oriented but have sound
judgment-ability to balance other business considerations. -
- Strong computer abilities with word-processing, spreadsheet,
database, and presentational software are required. -
- Must have excellent logic skills and be able to foresee the
consequences of various actions.
- Must be able to evaluate situations to make decisions or
recommendations in a reasonably short length of time.
- Must be able to inspire trust and promote cooperation among
company employees. -
- Must have the ability to get along with diverse personalities,
be tactful, mature, flexible, and friendly.
- Must be service oriented, but assertive and persuasive. -
- The person must have excellent technical and communication
skills with the ability to interact with field management personnel
and vendors. -
- Attention to detail is crucial requiring exceptional time
management skills. -
- The ability to work in a high-volume environment with strict
deadlines and a working knowledge of retail operations and
convenience store marketing. -
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, Access,
- Proficiency in phone etiquette, answering, forwarding, and
- Willingness to learn and adapt over time.
- Flexibility as tasks change
- Professionalism to interact with customers, coworkers, and
- High School Diploma Required
- Undergraduate Degree Preferred, but not required.Physical
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time while at a desk or
computer terminal, -attending meetings or driving/riding in a car.
- Must be able to operate standard business equipment such as a
10-key calculator, Personal computer, computer system terminal,
telephone, voicemail and text and presentation equipment.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and be able to pass an
appropriate drug test.Required qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: The South Tennessee Oil Company, Inc., Decatur , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Lawrenceburg, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!