Special Education Paraprofessionals needed for Dec
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAEDUCATOR/PARAPROFESSIONALOther job titles
that paraeducator may be known by include (but are not limited to):
Paraprofessional, Aide, Education Technician, Teacher Aide,
Instructional Assistant, Classroom Assistant, Education Assistant,
Learning Support Assistant, 1:1 Aide, and Teaching
- Meets state requirements for education qualifications- at least
2 years of college credits.
- Ability to lift materials and supplies, as well as assist in
the implementation of an instructional support program with
students of varying ages and sizes.
- Has effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the
ability to establish effective working relationships with
District/School staff and students.
- Maintain student and District/School personnel
- Endeavors to understand and respect the values and traditions
of the diverse cultures represented in the community and in the
- Manifests a positive role in District/School and community
- Such additional qualifications to the above as the
District/School may find appropriate and acceptable and as agreed
upon by Kelly Education.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the KE
Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Must successfully complete KE special education training (and
District/School specific training, if applicable) before starting
any special education paraeducator assignments.
REPORTS TO AND SUPERVISED BY: School Principal, Director of Special
Education Program, Supervisor, and/or Assigned District/School
Teacher. Kelly Permanent Paraeducator will receive day-to-day and
all classroom-specific instruction from the District/School.
JOB GOAL: To assist, support, and work closely with supervising
district/school teachers, administrators, and other team members in
providing educational benefit for special education
students.Dependent upon assignment, but always under direct
supervision of District/School employees, this role may be working
directly in a special education classroom, working in a general
education classroom or environment, and/or working one-on-one with
a student or small group of students.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: KE Permanent Paraeducators work at all
times under direction and supervision of District/School
professional employees. District/School employees are responsible
for developing curriculum, planning instruction, evaluating
academic and behavior progress, developing goals and objectives,
providing day-to-day supervision of the KE Permanent Paraeducator,
ensuring classrooms are adequately staffed, and communicating
progress to parents.
KE Permanent Paraeducator provides classroom assistance to special
needs students and to the assigned District/School teacher, who has
ultimate responsibility for designing and implementing educational
programs, activities and services.
The District/School teacher prepares the lessons, plans the
instructional support activities the KE Permanent Paraeducator
carries out, and evaluates the achievement of the students with
whom the KE Permanent Paraeducator is working; and the KE Permanent
Paraeducator works in close and frequent proximity and under the
direction and guidance of the supervising District/School
teacher(s). Under the guidance of the classroom teacher, the KE
Permanent Paraeducator must:a) Allow all students to see the
on-site nurse or visit the school clinic if and when they request
to do so. The KE Permanent Paraeducator should never make judgment
calls as to the authenticity of a student's request in this regard,
unless otherwise directed by District/School personnel;b) Allow all
students to use the restroom if and when they request to do so. The
KE Permanent Paraeducator should never make judgment calls as to
the authenticity of a student's request in this regard, unless
otherwise directed by District/School personnel. Bathrooming and
all other personal hygiene supports require a code of human
dignity. After being trained by the District/School, the KE
Permanent Paraeducator may need to assist in diapering duties of a
student with significant needs. The KE Permanent Paraeducator will
only assist in this regard under the direction and direct
supervision of the District/School.
UNACCEPTABLE DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES: As a support role, KE
Permanent Paraeducator employees should not:
- Have sole supervisory responsibility for the duration of the
school day assignment.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Use corporal punishment.
- Develop curricular materials.
- Provide direct instruction in place of a teacher.
- Introduce new content or skills.
- Assign grades to students.
- Give students a final grade and/or determine whether a student
should pass or fail.
- Sole responsibility for contact with a parent to discuss a
student's IEP, progress or placement decision.
- Serve as substitute teachers.
For the physical safety of the students and/or the KE Permanent
Paraeducator and to avoid KE being held liable for injuries, the
following duties shall not be performed:
- Administering medication.
- Diagnose an injury or illness that is actual, perceived,
suspected, or claimed.
- Sole supervision of a playground.
- Sole supervision for releasing a student(s) onto a school bus
or other vehicle.
- Transporting students in a motor vehicle.
- To be alone with a student in a private setting (this includes
In-house teaching, visiting a student's home for any reason, and/or
assignments without on-site supervision from District/School
Additionally, KE Permanent Paraeducators should not be placed on
special education/needs assignments that require a KE Permanent
Paraeducator to perform the following duties:
- Physical restraint of a student (unless led and directed by the
District/School and only after the KE Permanent Paraeducator has
been certified in restraint training by the District/School and/or
- Administering feeding tubes if untrained. Once trained by the
District/School, the KE Permanent Paraeducator may assist in
administering feeding tubes while under the direct supervision and
at the direction of District/School.
- Administering breathing tubes.
Perks you'll enjoy as a Kelly employee:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a
capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you
understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
"*Offered and administered by EnrollVB. These plans are not
sponsored by Kelly.
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a
response to your application.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute
teacher? We're always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you:Kelly - Education is committed to our
substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education
operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district
administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately
protected by school district policies and procedures.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Decatur , Special Education Paraprofessionals needed for Dec, Education / Teaching , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!