Elementary School Principal - Sacred Heart School
Company: Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Sacred Heart is seeking a Principal candidate who can build up this
strong Southern Tennessee community with a rich history of serving
its community and providing a strong Christ centered education to
Sacred Heart School is in southern Lawrence County, in Loretto, TN.
It serves grades Pre-K through 8th grades and has an enrollment of
84 students. The school is a part of Sacred Heart Parish in Loretto
and also serves Saint Joseph Parish in St. Joseph, TN. Pre-K and
Kindergarten are self-contained, while all other classrooms contain
combined grades; 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, and 7th/8th. Students
in grades 5-8 swap classes and have multiple teachers so that we
can best meet the needs of our students by utilizing teachers in
their strongest subject matters. We currently serve about 65%
Catholic and 35% Non-Catholic Students.
- Academic Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the
school, including all aspects of teaching and learning, curriculum,
- Student Life: Ensure healthy, diverse, and Christ-centered
engaging co-curricular programs and activities.
- Spiritual Formation: In partnership with the pastor, ensure the
development and expression of faith in the community through its
integration in both classrooms and co-curricular programs.
- Mission Alignment: In partnership with the parish, be a guiding
presence to ensure that the school lives out its mission and vision
- Community Engagement: Promote a culture of academic excellence
and student support by serving as a visible presence and effective
counsel to faculty and families.
- Professional Growth: Foster and encourage a culture of faculty
growth and oversee the annual process of teacher goal setting and
- General Leadership: Serve as an active, engaged, and
collaborative member of the administrative team, run the daily
operations of the school as needed, and perform other duties as
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
The most competitive candidates will offer most or all the
following qualifications and qualities:
- A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic
- A visionary with energy and a commitment to create a strong
parish school rooted in our Catholic tradition.
- Familiarity and experience with diocesan-school
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
with inspiration and clarity.
- A master's degree in education administration or equivalent
- Demonstrated successful experience as a Catholic school leader
Candidates will need to submit the following materials:
- A cover letter expressing their interest in this position.
Keywords: Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville, Decatur , Elementary School Principal - Sacred Heart School, Education / Teaching , Loretto, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!