Automation Control Engineer
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Are you experienced in robot programming? Are you familiar with
machines such as Fanuc and Siemens?Then you've come to the right
place!PDS Tech Inc. is hiring a -Automation Controls Engineer in
Decatur, AL! -------------------In this role, you can expect
- Program on the PLC and Robotics side Siemens, AB, Fanuc
- Set up machines for presence and inspection.
- Electrical design of complete automation systems using AutoCAD
Electrical software. - Designs include power distribution, safety
circuit, I/O controls, communications, and panel layout
- Calculating panel SCCR, power rating, and FLA for panel rating.
- - - - - - - - - - -
- Direct electrical assembly during equipment build.
- From-scratch, start-to-finish PLC, HMI, and robot programming
for custom equipment, conveyor lines, and robot cells
- Configure, debug, and test equipment on shop floor in
preparation of customer reviews.
- Lead runoff on the shop floor with customer.
- Direct electrical assembly during installation of
- Lead start-up at customer and drive project to completion.
- Manage time and costs to be within budget and on schedule.
- 5 - 8 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to travel and work at customer facilities for -30%,
typically in 2-week spurts
- Solid understanding of the concepts of industrial controls and
- Proven ability in robot programming, Fanuc preferred
- Experience setting up machine vision for presence and
inspection, Cognex and/or Fanuc IRVision preferred
- Talent in programming in a ladder logic environment: Allen
Bradley Studio5000, Siemens Tia Portal, Proficy Machine Edition,
and/or Toyopuc PCWin
- Experience setting up Remote IO and other components on
industrial networks such as DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet,
- Experience setting up Allen Bradley and/or GE HMI
- Strong ability to communicate within the organization and
direct to the customer
- Ability to lead a project at installation and be the main
- Understanding of RIA Robot Safety Standards, OSHA Safety
Standards, and NFPA 79 standards
- Must be a US Citizen or obtain a Green CardPDS Tech, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Founded in 1977,
PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing
firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Decatur , Automation Control Engineer, Engineering , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!