Senior Microelectronics Test Engineer
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing's Solid State Electronics
Development organization (SSED), within the Boeing Research and
Technology (BR&T) organization, performs microelectronics
technology development and design for aerospace systems.We develop
digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar,
navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, and
other electronic systems. These systems are used on Boeing
airborne, terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are
implemented with state of the art semiconductor process
technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses
external wafer fabrication but performs design (architecture, RTL,
synthesis, circuits, physical design, verification, packaging and
test) in house. - SSED has numerous microelectronics projects,
funded both by internal Boeing customers and external Government
Science and Technology (S&T) customers. SSED's large staff of
microelectronics engineers conduct research and designs
microelectronics hardware in support of these projects.We are
seeking Senior Microelectronics Test Engineer to perform
microelectronics test, verification, and characterization/analysis
of custom digital, analog/mixed-signal, and RF SoCs die and
packaged devices.This position will be based out of Huntington
Beach CA, Annapolis Junction MD, or Huntsville AL.This position
allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to
perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.This
position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for
which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of
employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance
Post-Start is required.Position Responsibilities:
- Test and characterization of integrated circuits
- Working with digital, mixed signal, RF/microwave
- Working with Field Programmable Gate ArraysBasic Qualifications
(Required Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in the design and test of integrated
- Experience utilizing electrical test equipment such as digital
multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, vector network
Analyzer and oscilloscopePreferred Qualifications (Desired
- Experience analyzing and decomposing higher-level requirements
to microelectronics-level requirements, interfaces, and test.
- Experience developing test and verification plans and
- Experience applying design-for-testability strategies and
- Experience supporting electronics testing, including designing
test boards, writing test scripts (e.g. in LabView), writing test
plans, and generating concise reports.
- Experience with design and test of electronics for extreme
temperature environments (e.g. cryogenic).
- Experience with radiation effects on electronics including
related testing (e.g. spacecraft electronics).
- Experience extracting microelectronics performance parameters
and building simulation models.
- Experience supporting gate reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
including generating and presenting material to upper management
and other stakeholders.
- Design experience in analog, digital, mixed signal, RF, or SoC
domains or experience designing and/or testing chips in more than
one domain or FPGA.
- Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams.
- Experience with architecture and design of packaged electronics
(e.g. hybrid, module, system-in-package, heterogeneous,
- Experience writing firmware or software for embedded
- Experience supporting military programs.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-motived, independent,
high-performance team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Experience organizing and leading teams.
- Active security clearance.Typical Education/Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation: This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibilityBoeing is
a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.Shift: This position is for first shift.BRT_MSA
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Decatur , Senior Microelectronics Test Engineer, Engineering , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!