Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Decatur
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies
in North America and WE ARE HIRING!
Mechanics come to Kinder Morgan from a variety of backgrounds and
job experiences and receive training needed to maintain the
equipment we use to serve our customers. JOIN OUR TEAM of talented
and dedicated equipment mechanics!
Eligible for SIGN-ON Bonus! Job level based on skills and
experience.Our Trinity Terminal located at 4301 Iverson Blvd,
Trinity, Alabama 35673, near Decatur, Madison and Huntsville areas
is one of Kinder Morgan's network of 141 terminals where we store
and handle products for our customers. Our culture is centered
around our values of integrity, accountability, safety and
excellence and we are committed to cultivating a diverse and
inclusive workplace. At Kinder Morgan your benefits begin on your
first day, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
tuition reimbursement, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and
paid time off. Primary Purpose: Heavy Equipment Mechanics
areresponsible for installing, maintaining, diagnosing, and
repairing primarily heavy equipment related to the unloading,
loading, transfer, and storage of bulk materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dismantle and repair heavy equipment including diesel and gas
engines, electric motors and generators, hydraulic and pneumatic
attachments, cable handling devices, control systems, fuel and
brake systems, etc.
- Diagnose problems and make repairs to heavy equipment, cranes,
loaders, dozers, etc...
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical engines, vehicles,
and equipment used in bulk handling operations.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and safety devices on
equipment and make adjustments.
- Operate a variety of tools/equipment such as cutting torch,
welder, forklift, hand tools, power tools (impact wrench, drills,
etc...), and electric meters.
- Perform work from blueprints, sketches, or verbal
- Participate in and promote safety and environmental
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards,
procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Whether you have been serving
our Country in the military, working for another company in the
private sector or recently finished school, we encourage you to
consider continuing or beginning your career as a Mechanic with
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Experience / Specific
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquids, and hydraulic systems.
- 1 - 3 years of mechanical maintenance experience (Heavy
Equipment experience a plus). Certifications, Licenses,
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Competencies,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively
and cooperatively with other people.
- Ability to carry and communicate over a company-provided mobile
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, and decimals).
- Must work schedule as assigned (days/evening shifts) including
weekends and overtime assignments.
- Ability to complete and maintain safety training and security
certification as required by customers to work in their facilities
and as required by all Kinder Morgan locations.
- Ability to deal with evolving operating conditions with a few
concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to identify, report, and correct safety and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization. Physical Demands:
- Required to sit and stand; use hands and fingers to handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing
up/down ladders and stairs, work at heights up to 30 feet,
negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and frequently lifting
and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- Must meet medical criteria for the use of respiratory
protective equipment, if required. Working Conditions:
- Must be available to respond to on-site call-out as
- Perform work in a dusty environment and in all types of
temperature/weather conditions. Supervisory Responsibility:
- None Preferred education, experience, certifications,
competencies, skills, and abilities above the minimum requirements;
not required but advantageous in this position:
- Diploma or Certificate from accredited trade/vocational school
for auto/diesel/truck mechanic training. Other requirements:
- Must have basic mechanic tools: hand tools, tape measure,
adjustable wrenches, hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, etc... The above
statements describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned. The
successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a
complete background check, after an offer has been extended and
prior to being employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Decatur , Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Decatur, Engineering , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!