Engineer III - Additive Manufacturing
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
manufacturing.Additive Manufacturing Engineer Location: --Tanner,
AL just outside of Huntsville, ALPrimary Duties for the Additive
- Conduct process, product, and applications development for
additive manufacturing (AM) processing.
- Managing projects and continuous improvement efforts utilizing
the Operating Model.
- Deliver on both internal development projects as well as
external, customer-driven projects in additive manufacturing.
- Interaction and engagement with multiple areas within the
company (R&D, Production, Commercial, manufacturing) as well as
with customers in relation to AM powder management.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Support Design for AM (DfAM) consultation and utilize 3D
modeling to optimize geometries for manufacturability.
- Incorporate geometric compensation, support structure, machine
stock, GD&T, and powder removal required to produce products
effectively at scale.
- Ability to generate AM build files.
- Familiarity with AM build file softwares such as Flow, Magics,
3DXpert, or others.
- Optimize print process techniques (including designing and
running Design of Experiments (DOEs) for novel and conventional
alloys, and also to reduce build time while ensuring product
quality and consistency.
- Establish and iterate on engineering planning and controls in
order to produce consistent and repeatable product from print start
through customer delivery.
- Support root-cause analysis techniques to troubleshoot
- Own additive process qualification efforts specific to product
as they mature.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.Required for the
Additive Manufacturing Engineer
- BS degree in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, materials
science, metallurgy or related discipline from an accredited
- 2 years experience working in metal additive
manufacturing.Preferred for the Additive Manufacturing Engineer
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Family (Word, Outlook, Excel,
PowerPoint and Project).
- Strong background in the interpretation of engineering
drawings, specifications and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and focus in a dynamic team oriented
- Familiarity with metal powder production.
- Experience in modeling techniques, including CAD, MATLAB,
Finite Element, or other simulation tools
- Experience with materials characterization equipment for
mechanical/chemical/structural analysis. For example: Optical
Metallography, SEM, XRD, Tensile testing
- Familiarity with additive process and/or product
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Outside-the-box thinker - creative.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles.
- Passionate about additive and related technologies.Carpenter
Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive
benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible
spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company
contributions as well as many other options to employees.Carpenter
Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively
maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Decatur , Engineer III - Additive Manufacturing, Engineering , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...