Company: Wilson Lumber
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Wilson Lumber is seeking a Delivery Manager to take our fleet to
the next level in logistics. This position is focused on providing
guidance, training and support to all members of the department.
This position is located at the Huntsville, AL location.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
The Millwork Delivery Manager is responsible for the management of
all delivery operations & dispatch functions for the Huntsville,
Cummings, & Southpoint Millwork locations. The Millwork Delivery
Manager is responsible for the daily coordination of the team of
delivery staff and ensuring they execute procedures according to
company standards. Coaches, motivates, and supports the delivery
staff, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication
with the entire staff.
Responsibilities expected of this position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Promote, Teach, & Live the Wilson Lumber Core Values.
- Manage the delivery function/expectation to the jobsite &
coordinate/facilitate deliveries/delivery schedule between dispatch
and delivery staff.
- Manage all areas of transportation to include OSHA safety
requirements, DOT regulations, compliance, Profit & Loss
responsibility, and customer service.
- Resolve customer service issues in a timely & effective
- Ensures flawless execution and adherence to pre-established
critical success factors.
- Organize workflow according to workload to ensure the
completion of the delivery schedule.
- Oversee all staff scheduling, time off request (must work with
dispatcher to ensure schedule can be met.
- Monitor quality and accuracy of all orders.
- Ensure the completion of all duties with minimum waste and
abuse of equipment.
- Ensure employee safety training is conducted as
- Document and control damaged product.
- Manage assigned direct reports to include employee relation
issues, performance management, new employee training and
- Work in collaborative conjunction with all Millwork Dock
- Strategic planning and budgeting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills along with ability to perform
well under pressure
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Logistics or Transportation or 5
(five) years of combined college and/or relevant equivalent work
experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT,
OSHA and all related safety regulations
You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions
and to perform other job- related duties assigned by Senior
Keywords: Wilson Lumber, Decatur , Delivery Manager, Executive , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!