Direct Support Professional (DSP) / Caregiver (Decatur)
Company: Ability Plus Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2022
HIRING FOR FULL AND PART TIME (Positions available in
Huntsville, Decatur, Gadsden, Athens)At Ability Plus, our mission
is Enabling Lives & Dreams... Ability Plus offers a
community-inclusive home environment to individuals with
intellectual disabilities. Ability Plus is seeking people who are
enthusiastic, caring, capable and want to make a positive
difference for residents and care recipients. We offer a supportive
team environment and career development opportunities.SHIFTS
AVAILABLEDirect Care Staff provide personal care to individuals
with intellectual disabilities in a residential setting. Duties
include but are not limited to: assisting residents with personal
hygiene, daily living activities, documenting behavior and
assisting with medications. ALL applicants must present a high
school diploma/GED, Valid Driver's License, proof of valid auto
insurance and successfully complete the E-Verify process. All
Applicants MUST PASS a drug test, background check, TB test and
have a clean driving record. Benefits available for full time
(40hr) employees after 90 days.Summary:We are seeking Direct Care
Staff for ALL SHIFTS. This is a great way to enter the healthcare
world! The Direct Care Staff is responsible for the care, training
and supervision as required of individuals with intellectual
disabilities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in providing self-care and training as directed by the
Individualized Support Plan or Behavioral Support Plan as
documented. (such as bathing, dressing, toileting, eating,
- Assists with therapeutic treatments to residents with
intellectual disabilities (such as physical exercises, occupational
arts and crafts, recreational games, etc.)
- Converses with residents to reinforce positive behaviors and
promote social interaction.
- Prepares/serves meals and eats with residents.
- Include residents in community outings and promote community
- Accompanies residents on shopping trips and counsels residents
in purchase of personal items.
- Observes and documents residents' behaviors
- May give medications as prescribed by a doctor.
- May train parents or guardians in care of deinstitutionalized
- Maintain and submit accurate timesheets and communication logs,
- Carry out direction given by line of
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid U.S. driver's license or Official State ID
- Acceptable background check.NECESSARY SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES - The
- Ability to communicate, write and prepare complete, concise and
- Ability to perform housekeeping duties.
- Ability to intervene during crisis situations.
- Adequate vision and hearing to be able to supervise clients as
- Ability to remain awake, aware and alert during working hours
and work independently.
- Committed to the daily care and quality of life of the
consumers of Ability-PlusPHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- Working conditions are normal for a home health care
- Work may require ongoing weekend and evening work.
- Work will require frequent local driving.
- Work requires ongoing interaction with intellectually disabled
- Work can require frequent walking, standing, bending and
lifting up to the weight of an adult
Keywords: Ability Plus Inc, Decatur , Direct Support Professional (DSP) / Caregiver (Decatur), Healthcare , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!