Technical Lab Safety Supervisor
Company: Daikin America, Inc
Posted on: August 2, 2022
The Technical Lab Safety Supervisor performs duties at the
professional level in some or all of the following functional
- Overall compliance to OSHA 1910 regarding safety of the
- Full the role of Chemical Hygiene Officer per OSHA 1910.1450 to
develop and continuously maintain Chemical Hygiene Plans for all
Tech Center laboratories.
- Understanding and ability to implement LAB specific safety and
regulatory procedures consistent with site goals for SHES and RC
- Regular assurance of team readiness, including our Emergency
- Training, Drills, Improvements
- Implements and maintains Tech Center Procedures/Responsible
- Conducts new hire training regarding safety procedures
- Review and update onboarding training for new hires at the Tech
- Review Technical Center procedures
- Include appropriate safety precautions and training
- Incorporated with Equipment Training Matrix, specific to
equipment within the Technical Center
- Responsible for testing, maintenance, and upgrades for all area
- Perform hazard recognition and scenario training for new
experimental equipment and procedures.
- Improve our collective understanding of "Good Laboratory
Practices" with respect to R&D Safety
- Regularly lead Job Safety Evaluations (JSE) as needed
- Improve our TSCA R&D Exemption tracking process to ensure
- Understanding of TSCA regulations and constantly monitor HMIS
labeling of lab chemicals for accuracy
- Lead TSCA Notification Process for Samples to be shipped
- Facilitate Safety Training relevant to a R&D
- Develop and implement an efficient, thorough, yet flexible
MOC/PSSR process with the aid and input of laboratory
- Improve our Waste Disposal processes and assist with ensuring
safe disposal of all chemicals and wastes in a fashion compliant
with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Facilitate the creation of SDS for "new to the world" materials
we are synthesizing.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure
compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and
implement follow up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and
compliance training programs for R&D Laboratory
- Coordinate lab inspections from regulatory agencies.
- Document and implement guidelines to create standards to enable
scientists, engineers, facilities, and third-party vendors to
follow best practices.
- Coordinate and schedule lab equipment maintenance and
- Present lab inspection findings, lab safety updates and
performance metrics at whenever deemed necessary and/or monthly
- Daily check of water tank to monitor levels
- Weekly check for level of hazard waste material prior to
monthly safety inspection
- Assist with contractor and personnel safety by performing
conducting line breaks, LO/TO as neededResponsibilities
- Prompt, regular, and dependable attendance is an essential
- Ability to drive and lead safety efforts despite not having
direct managerial responsibilities
- Administers various plans and procedures for all organization
personnel; assists in the development and implementation of safety
and security policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the
contractor handbook and various records including occupational
- Participate in developing department goals, budgets, and
- Administer and monitor the security program and revise as
- Be available to support the needs of the technical center
regardless of timing, day of the week (on call as necessary off
- Assists in preparation of reports, evaluation of decisions and
the effectiveness of the department in relation to established
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to
continually improve the department and services performed.
- Maintain safety records to support regulatory compliance and
the associated internal and external audits.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and
- Assists in coordinating community events.
- Interact with employees by spending time in their work
- Additional assignments as deemed necessary by
managementQualificationsA bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety
and Health or Industrial Hygiene is desired. A degree in another
field or related experience may be acceptable with other strengths.
However, at least 2 years of working as a chemical hygienist in an
active R&D laboratory is a requirement to be considered for
this position. Education and experience in emergency response,
security, and law enforcement is also highly desirable.
Keywords: Daikin America, Inc, Decatur , Technical Lab Safety Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!