Field Service Technician - Automated Packaging Machinery (Anywhere, US)
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Kliklok LLC, a Syntegon Company with its global headquarters based
near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately
5,700 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs,
develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines,
systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food
SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation, testing, analyzing,
maintaining, repairing and training of Syntegon packaging equipment
and associated products at customer sites. Primary focus is to
provide customers with excellent technical customer service and
ensure complete satisfaction. This position has a direct and
significant impact on maintaining our customer base as well as
growing new business for Syntegon Technology
- Provide field service repairs, training and installations as
scheduled by Field Service department.
- Interact, support and assist the Product, Project and Sales
departments with order review, design reviews, assembly, testing
and final acceptance tests to become proficient with the control
packages interface and integration
- Interact and assist Assembly and Quality Control personnel
during machine assembly and testing / debug stages in preparation
for machine shipment.
- Provide support to Customers, Customer Service department and
Sales department as required
- Interact with Sales Managers / Project Managers on customer
equipment needs and concerns and / or updates.
- Perform final machine acceptance inspections prior to machine
shipment to verify equipment meets order specifications.
- Perform customer service site management for new equipment
installations and / or existing machine install base projects.
- Maintain necessary machine configuration documentation during
- Assist the Parts and Modernization departments with quoting
electronic controls software and hardware upgrades and / or
electrical component upgrades
- Provide updates and modifications to machinery at customer
sites and training customers on use and maintenance of
- Train customers, internal technical personnel and sales support
staff on proper operation, maintenance and safety rules of Syntegon
packaging equipment, specifically on electronic controls and
- Coordinate development activities and upgrades related to
updating and improving machine functionality.
- Support all aspects of operating controls systems, equipment
- Participate in continuous training, as needed, in order to
maintain technical expertise and proficiency on new equipment and
existing systems applications through internal training.
- Process detailed expense and trip reports on all service
visits, in a timely fashion.
- Train Syntegon's and customer's personnel on applicable
machinery when assigned.
- Occasionally, when assigned, provide accountability, as a site
manager; directing the workload and tasks of field technicians,
assembly and engineering personnel, and coordinating with customer
and other contract / OEM site personnel.
- Work in tight quarters; on top and underneath equipment, stand,
stoop, kneel and bend continuously (approx. 66% of the time)..
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Submit to safety, background, and drug/alcohol testing as
required by customer(s).
- Properly and appropriately don personal protective
- Will travel on a regular basis up to 90% which makes proximity
to a major airport necessary in order to serve a specific customer
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of vocational training in
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years as a Field Service Engineer
in the Packaging industry involved in designing, installing and
troubleshooting electromechanical machinery.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience working with Adobe
and Microsoft Office tools specifically Outlook, Excel and
Powerpoint PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Electrical Engineering degree (AS or BS) is preferred
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical, electrical and software
- Knowledge and experience with ladder logic as well as other
machine control systems, software and hardware is preferred (Allen
Bradley, Rexroth, Beckoff, and Yaskawa)
- Ability to support various software control platforms for
complete packaging lines and experience with line integration and
ability to discuss proper line balancing with customers.
- Proficiency in robotic vision systems, software and hardware
configurations and production parameter setup.
- Strong oral and written skills and ability to effectively
communicate with all levels of personnel, from production to
management including ability to train customers with a professional
display of information and be able to speak in front of groups from
6 to 20 personnel.
- Strong computer skills including ability to type 75+WPM
- Ability to manage time and work independently Additional
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and
- AWIM (A World In Motion) By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at
www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the
hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by
telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations
(Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and
Allendale) prior to the job offer.
The welfare of our employees' matters to us. Therefore, Syntegon
offers a generous and attractive benefits package that meets our
- 401(k) - attractive employer match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - Employer paid *Union
- Identity Theft Insurance - Employer Paid
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Videos To Watch
Keywords: SYNTEGON, Decatur , Field Service Technician - Automated Packaging Machinery (Anywhere, US), IT / Software / Systems , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...