VHDL - Electrical Engineer I - Huntsville, AL
Posted on: February 12, 2020
This position is for early career individuals who have less than
2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a
degree during the current academic year or who received their
degree within the last 18 months.
Missile Systems is a technology and innovation leader in defense,
civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees
who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation
and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to
our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that
is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major
vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Intel, Microchip,
and Lattice. Designs are implemented using VHDL and support the
following type of applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio
Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) Digital Signal Processing
(DSP), control loops, data links, embedded processing, and
processor interfaces. Configurable Logic Design Engineers work with
circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop
requirements, select parts, architect the device, perform code
development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified
against requirements using both directed test and constrained
random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements
definition through integration and test, and eventually production.
Designs are documented and configuration managed throughout the
entire design process.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering or related Science, Technology,
Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree and less than 18 months of
professional engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience with digital design and VHDL or Verilog
- Familiarity with Xilinx, Altera or Microsemi/Microchip
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are
eligible for a security clearance.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Ability to perform work without appreciable direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Familiarity with the Linux environment and commands
- Expertise of Xilinx, Intel, Microchip, or Lattice devices and
- Hands on integration experience with FPGA based systems.
- Expertise in FPGA timing constraints and timing closure
- Digital signal processing as applied to FPGA Devices
- Knowledge of C programming and scripting languages such as Perl
- Knowledge of embedded systems design utilizing Microblaze,
Nios, and ARM processors
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a
diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule - Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program - Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K - Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows
you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance
factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US,
foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other
factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your
resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your
cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.***
155860Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Decatur , VHDL - Electrical Engineer I - Huntsville, AL, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!