Posted on: May 3, 2021
Airgas South , a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC. the nations
leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and
welding supplies, has an Account Manager position available in the
Decatur, AL area.
The Account Manager serves customers by selling products to
industrial establishments and businesses, or individuals at sales
office, store, showroom or customers place of business. Meets
customers needs and resolves customers problems.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work
schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects by
traveling throughout territory or talking with customers on sales
floor or telephone.
- Focus should be on new sustainable Business versus one time
Sales or Short Term Projects.
- Compiles list of prospective customers for use as sales leads,
based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade
journals, and other sources.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of
product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on
industry or trade factor by displaying or demonstrating product
using catalog or samples and emphasizing sellable features. Sales
representatives must be able to explain types of gases and uses to
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms,
estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of
companys production and delivery schedules using software program
set up by company.
- Prepares sales contract for orders obtained and submits order
to appropriate company personnel.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting
activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work
plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by
companys policies and procedures.
- Meets with manager to discuss special accounts, projects and
- Obtains approval from credit department for new accounts.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace
information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules,
merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service and policy by
evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems,
developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making
recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks with other technical people and
vendors and participating in professional societies.
- Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production,
sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
- Maintain a professional presence and demeanor that is
reflective of a corporate image.
- Assist with store inventories as well as possibly provide
backup during vacations and other instances of personnel
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university or one to
two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience selling medical, specialty or industrial
gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while
working for an industrial or specialty gas producer.
- Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is
- Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of
achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
- Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word,
Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience with SAP order entry software, a definite
- Valid drivers license and reliable personal vehicle with
insurance coverage as required by company.
- Excellent presentation and good negotiating and public speaking
- Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
- Ability to drive and walk considerable distances on a daily
basis (5-100 miles per day).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter,
self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted
personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to
focus and pay attention detail.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions,
percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to read speak, write, spell and understand the English
- Moderate work processing skills including windows.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and
- Ability to routinely lift 25 75 lbs., climb, reach and perform
various physical maneuvers to perform the essential functions of
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and background.
- Valid drivers license and personal vehicle with insurance
coverage as required by company.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas, Decatur , Account Manager, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!