Right at Home, In-Home Care & Assistance, is seeking to hire
Highly qualified Caregivers and Home Health Aids in the Birmingham
area to join a dynamic care team providing clinical expertise
in-home. We have immediate part-time positions available and many
can work full-time hours. You can make a difference in your career
by helping people stay in the comfort of their homes. We have a
significant amount of overnight, third shift work. All of our
shifts are awake, alert, oriented.
Here's Why Caregivers Like Working for Us:
- Health Benefits offered
- On the job training
- Weekend shift differential
- Flexible scheduling
- Bonuses for referrals
Responsibilities and Duties:
Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with
activities of daily living which include (but are not limited
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using a bedpan,
bathing, care of mouth, skin, and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Accompany patient on errands or medical appointments.
- Performs housekeeping activities which include (but are not
limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing
dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning
Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a
Right at Home nurse. These could include (but are not limited
- Medication reminders
- Assisting with the prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Understanding dementia care
- Incontinence care
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Three years of experience as a Caregiver/Home Health Aide in
healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed
for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured automobile