Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: September 30, 2021
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history
of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology
capabilities support a range of next-generation products and
manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Manage the upgrade, rebuild, installation and start-up of
- Provides leadership in the development of new equipment
- Analyze key process measures and determine major issues and
their root causes.
- Identify equipment safety issues and implement
- In addition, provide technical assistance and an interface
function on process, product, and maintenance problems.
- Manage outside resources including contractors, equipment
vendors, and supply vendors for assigned projects.
- Work within and develop the appropriate standards,
specifications, and procedures, including but not limited to those
required for production, technical, safety, and environmental
- Manage ordering of parts and supplies using SAP.
- Define equipment engineered rates.
- Review new process equipment and make recommendations for
- Manage the implementation of moderate sized capital
- Responsible for parts and supply development and reverse
- Understands opportunities for OEE improvements and leads OEE
- Performs other duties and special projects as
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Four-year college degree in an Engineering discipline
preferred. Two Year college degree and/or five years
engineering support experience required.
- Specialized knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards,
methods and practices.
- Five or more years’ experience in an engineering support
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external
business issues to improve processes, products or services in own
function. Has expertise in own function.
- Effectively manages small projects or sub-teams,
including coordination of resources outside of own area.
Forecasts and plans resource requirements for small projects or
- Monitors and controls costs within own work and may
manage costs for small projects or areas.
- Knowledge of the existing manufacturing systems including the
computer systems, steel making processes, material flow and
handling schemes, quality systems and process control
- Knowledge of Carpenter’s processes, products and services.
- Experience performing sample preparation, solution
preparation and routine analyses.
- Requires excellent written, verbal, mechanical,
interpersonal skills, analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make
appropriate decisions. Ability to work independently
and with appreciable latitude for decision making and
- Ability to work with minimal guidance in a fast-paced and
ever-changing production environment. Ability to organize and
prioritize work and make appropriate decisions.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Project management skills.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Decatur , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!