CNC Field Service Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 8, 2021
JOB TITLE: CNC FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
COMPANY: “Our Client” is a provider of machine
tools and services specializing in helping customers
maximize their production requirements through unique solutions.
Established in 1989, we are known
nationwide as the premier provider in the areas of unique
machine builds, CNC retrofitting, machine rebuilding, and machine
tool services and repair.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: SERVICE
TRAVEL: REQUIRED UP TO 100%
- Perform a wide variety of tasks associated with servicing,
repairing or operation of most CNC machine tools.
- Use precision test equipment to analyze, troubleshoot and
repair complex mechanical and electrical problems.
- Advanced operation of CNC controls from different
manufacturers. Successfully coordinate and complete the
installation of all machine tools. Work closely with customers,
vendors, OEM’s, and other KRC personnel.
- Independently organize and complete a successful service call.
Assist other service engineers, and preventive maintenance
technicians. General scraping and fitting of machine tool
components (not mandatory but improves your value).
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic circuitry to component
level. Perform a variety of advanced specialized machine tool
- Dismantle and prepare machines for shipment
- Level and alignment of machines.
- Troubleshoot and repair of major machine tool problems.
- Disassemble, repair and rebuild machine tool sub assemblies and
- Organize, tag and mark components for future assembly.
- Identify, repair or replace damaged components.
- First time power up and troubleshooting of machines.
- Servo system tuning.
- Report activities and expenses timely and accurately
- Train other employees for advancement
- Train customers on operation of CNC control systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair electronic circuitry.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, OEM’s and KRC
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized.
- Travel to customer’s facilities often and on short notice
- Work with very limited supervision.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced machine tool knowledge and terminology.
- 3 or more years of experience in machine tool field
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or related field of
study--experience may be substituted for
- the education.
- Complete knowledge of mechanical systems and components.
- Full understanding of multiple machine tool specifications and
have an advanced knowledge of test
- Mechanical hand tools and tool box.
- Intermediate knowledge of parametric programming and ladder
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and some power tools.
- Set up and operate Renishaw Ballbar and Renishaw Laser
- equipment (desirable, not mandatory).
- Ability to do final scrape and or fitting of most machine tool
components is desirable (not mandatory).
- Working knowledge of applications processes and
- Dependable transportation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting abilities.
- In depth understanding of CNC controls and functions.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
“Our Client” TOOL SOLUTIONS OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Uniforms and Cell Phones
- Company truck provided for field service engineers
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays.
- Health Insurance, Vision, Life, Dental, Long & Short-Term
Disability, 401k Profit Sharing
- A Positive Work Environment
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Decatur , CNC Field Service Engineer, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!