Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Carpenter Additive Powder
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Carpenter Additive Powder, a Carpenter Technology
company, is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of
high-quality, gas atomized spherical metal powders that offer a
superior homogenous, fine, and super clean microstructure.
This location is home to the new superalloy powder facility
dedicated to producing high quality aerospace quality powder and
powders specifically designed for Additive Manufacturing
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Safely performs assigned tasks competently and
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and/or
electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using
precision measuring and testing instruments, drawings, and
- Remove/replace defective parts by disassembling machinery,
using hoists, cranes, and hand/power tools.
- Controls downtime by preforming routine preventative
maintenance requirements, daily equipment inspections, and
monitoring machine operational performance.
- Determines dimensional sizes of parts by inspecting parts,
using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Fabricates and repair parts by using machine shop tools and
- Work independently to ensure operation of plant assets by the
timely completion of preventative maintenance requirements on
furnaces, presses, hydraulic systems, engines, motors, pumps,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machinery;
following diagrams, drawings, operations manuals, manufacturer’s
instructions, and engineering specifications to trouble shoot
- Functions as a technical resource for assigned assets, mentors
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating repairs, irregularities, and continuing maintenance
- Demonstrates proficiency and competency in two or more
technical skills, For example, welding, precision machining,
millwright, fabrication, lubrication programs.
- Perform duties as needed in support of the plant.
- Support the plant with overtime as required and willingness to
work a rotating shift.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of the plant.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate (AS) degree in Industrial Mechanical Maintenance or
relevant field, or an equivalent number of years of education and
relevant maintenance experience preferred.
- Selected applicants will be required to score a minimum level
of 60% on the Ramsey Electrical assessment. This assessment will be
scheduled and paid by Carpenter Technology.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant mechanical experience in an
industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must meet company fall protection requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and P&IDs.
- Hydraulic system maintenance and repair or similar lubrication
- Basic welding and pipefitting expertise.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Decatur , Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Carpenter Additive Powder, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!