1st Shift Poultry Processing Superintendent
Company: Wayne Farms
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Primarily responsible for managing all aspects of production
ensuring procedures are followed, and achieving the highest level
of productivity in the most cost efficient manner possible while
still maintaining customer specifications. Direct a team of
employees, ensuring compliance with all food safety programs, and
enforcing Wayne Farms' policies. Responsible for employees'
performance, development, safety, and work schedules.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Oversee and assist Production Supervisors with supervising and
training employees while providing an environment for employees to
achieve maximum quality and productivity performance.
- Manage production process and employee performance, providing
positive and/or corrective feedback.
- Promote safety throughout assigned work area.
- Review and ensure reporting requirements are fulfilled in a
- Supervise, coach and train employees, providing professional
development through ongoing feedback concerning strengths and areas
in need of improvement.
- Work with Quality Assurance ensuring a food safe and sanitary
environment within specifications and USDA requirements.
- Establish and adjust procedures meeting production schedules,
production efficiencies, and budget objectives.
- Maximize yields and throughputs while minimizing downtime,
accidents and turnover through encouragement and team
- Plan and implement process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with established food safety programs,
including HACCP programs, SSOPs and GMPs.
- Optimize profit reducing costs with continuous improvement
activities through employee involvement and positive
- Perform all other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY
- 1 10 salaried Production Supervisors and indirect
responsibility for 100+ hourly production employees.
- This is a Leader of People position with required competencies:
Sizing up People, Delegation, Planning, Customer Focus and Conflict
Management.MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent AND a minimum of 4 years'
relevant experience in a similar manufacturing environment; OR
Associates Degree in a relevant discipline AND 2 years' relevant
experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years' leadership and/or supervisory experience of
20+ persons.PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited
- 5+ years' experience within the food manufacturing
- 5+ years' supervisory and/or leadership experience.REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of poultry processing, food safety
regulations, OSHA guidelines, GMPs and HACCP.
- Proficient knowledge of production processes, general line
maintenance and staffing.
- Proficient English language knowledge and skills (oral and
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated success building effective teams with proven
ability to lead by engaging and motivating a team and influencing
- Effective interpersonal communication skills sufficient to
communicate and interact effectively with all levels within the
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple
- Ability to handle and resolve most issues independently.
- High work capacity, dependable, results oriented and strong
sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated sound work ethic, honesty and moral
character.REQUIRED PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Understand and interpret data while drawing logical conclusions
based on available inputs.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and
prioritize work accordingly.SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Follow departmental and company safety policies and
- Work in extreme temperatures, frequently subject to extreme wet
and cold, as well as hot and humid environments.
- Subject to odors and areas with moderate to extreme levels of
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, twisting, climbing, stacking, pushing and standing for
long periods of time.
- Occasional weekend and off-shift work required. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wayne Farms, Decatur , 1st Shift Poultry Processing Superintendent, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!