Quality Assurance Chemist 2
Company: Daikin America Inc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Conduct and coordinate very specialized, complex, and involved
technical assignments ensuring the development, implementation, and
maintenance of suitable quality procedures on raw materials,
intermediates, and final products. Development of, or improvement
of, Quality methods and tests procedures in order to provide
information to customers or production members in order to improve
product Quality. Investigate and develop corrective actions for
internal or external Quality non-conformities. Facilitate DAI
relations with customers and vendors in the area of product
quality. Ensure the fulfilment of Customer requirements and Quality
objectives. Improve the effectiveness of Quality processes and aid
to transform our work style and activities toward problem
prevention and risk minimization efforts.
- Prompt, regular, and dependable attendance is an essential
function of this job.
- Conduct multiple QA related projects / tasks concurrently in an
effective and timely manner.
- Establishes, updates, or improves Quality tasks, activities,
and analyses in order to fulfil customer requirements for products
and services (including suitable calibration of equipment,
reference standard use and equipment servicing).
- Development or improvement of test methods and procedures in
order to improve efficiency, accuracy, or capability with respect
to data developed for use in product conformance activities.
- Coordinates record keeping and documentation requirements in
keeping with DAIs quality policy and record retention
- Develop, update, or install automated data collection and data
transfer for Quality activities to facilitate improved data
analysis and faster response times.
- Update, develop, and maintain Quality Master Data set-up as
required on related data systems (SAP / LIMS / Gainseeker /
Spacefinder / etc.) as required.
- Develop, update, and properly document material and product
Quality specifications in accordance with Quality System
requirements or external requirements as required (customer,
industry, or national standards such as ASTM).
- Review, assess, or analyze Quality System data in order to
recognize trends or interactions which impact Quality
- Create or assist with the development and completion of Quality
action plans to facilitate meeting continuous improvement
- Install, set-up new or relocated Quality test equipment as
- Assist with procurement of equipment or other purchased items
for Quality activities as needed.
- Develop and conduct training with DAI members with respect to
inspection methods, QA equipment operation / servicing or material
sampling methods using safe and suitable techniques (QA and
- Organize, facilitate, and conduct investigation with related
DAI members with respect to Quality non-conformities (internal or
- Coordinates troubleshooting activities or personally resolve QA
- Investigates customers complaints and, if required, work
closely with customers representatives to resolve problems, and
ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participates in and improve internal and external inspection
services of raw materials, intermediate products, finished goods
and delivery processes to ensure customer requirements are met
(facilitate any toll vendor Quality activities and monitor / assure
toll vendor compliance with requirements).
- Determination of root cause and corrective actions to remedy
product or Quality process non-conformities.
- Perform or organize troubleshooting efforts on Quality
equipment as needed to ensure accuracy of test data and stable
- Performs quality system audits internally and on selected
vendors as assigned after qualification.
- Develop clear and detailed reports of audits, investigations,
customer visits, projects, or other Quality activities to ensure
vital information is recorded and communicated to necessary parties
(internal or external as required).
- Conduct periodic reviews of processes, products, equipment
operation, test methods to ensure continued suitability for the
Quality Activity being performed.
- Discuss or present information related to the status or
conclusion of Quality activities, projects, or assignments
(including development of suitable graphs / charts / presentation
materials for the subject matter).
- Coordinate Quality related activities with respect to new
product development or Technical transfer of products in order to
ensure Quality requirements are properly identified, documented,
and implemented in order to fulfil customer or Daikin
- Clarify or improve Quality system requirements as needed to
meet customer expectations or ensure adequate controls are in place
for Quality activities.
- Perform physical and chemical tests on raw materials,
intermediates, and final products as needed to ensure internal and
customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Evaluate both company and competitor products as needed to help
sales force to determine DAIs strength in the marketplace.
- Organize and facilitate regular Material Review Board meetings
to ensure material and product disposition is properly enacted in
keeping with system requirements and Daikin polices.
- After proper training, respond to emergency alarms under the
supervision of the Safety and Health Department personnel.
- Perform housekeeping and preventive maintenance associated with
the work area and equipment in the laboratory. Prepare, properly
label, store, and maintain records on retained samples for possible
future tests and disposal of outdated retains as requested.
- Responsible for conforming to all health and safety
requirements and regulations, reporting to management any hazardous
conditions or malfunctions of equipment which could become
hazardous. Some items in this category are wearing safety glasses,
goggles, face shield, hard hats, protective clothing and chemical
and/or dust masks as required for work assignments.
- Assists other management personnel in selections, training,
evaluation, and motivation of assigned personnel.
- Assists Quality Manager in maintaining current customer
specifications and ensures that all information is current and that
all new inspection and testing are incorporated or revised.
- Assist or cover for (in the case of absence) other QA staff as
needed requires cross training.
- Perform special assignments for company support activities
related or unrelated to Quality as given by the Quality Assurance
- Additional assignments as deemed necessary by Management.
QualificationsA Bachelors degree in Chemistry is required plus a
minimum of 4 years laboratory experience (QA/QC lab experience is
highly desired). Extensive experience using GC, GC/MS, LC, FTIR,
ICP, AA or similar laboratory analytical equipment is required
(including equipment troubleshooting, equipment set-up /
validation, routine maintenance, and regular operation activities).
Experience complying with ISO 9001 as well as other quality
programs preferred.by Jobble
Keywords: Daikin America Inc, Decatur , Quality Assurance Chemist 2, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!