Control System Specialist
Company: Daikin America, Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Control System Specialist will assure that Yokogawa control
systems logic and equipment are maintained in such a way as to
promote safe and efficient unit operations. -Utilize process
control techniques to enhance plant safety, improve operations, and
increase profitability. -Provide technical knowledge and support to
assist in identifying and resolving problems within the production
facility. Lead process control projects to improve plant
performance. Interact with vendors and suppliers to troubleshoot
system issues, develop control strategies, obtain quotes, etc.
- Prompt, regular, and dependable attendance is an essential
function of this job.
- Perform job duties with utmost regard for safety, health,
environmental, and security responsibilities.
- Provide primary support for DCS and/or Data Historians as
assigned by management.
- Review and assess system issues and make/coordinate necessary
corrections or adjustments to configuration or logic.
- Manage detailed engineering, project procurement, construction,
and commissioning for approved projects.
- Lead, manage, and deliver process control projects on time and
within budget that meet scope requirements.
- Develop and implement changes to process logic, control limits,
set points, recipes, data collection/reporting, and other control
parameters as requested by technical counsel or management.
- Continuous improvement of control logic, data
acquisition/reporting to increase process safety, efficiency, and
utilization of resources.
- Access and make recommendations about configurations, upgrades,
and other process changes.
- Update control logic and data acquisition/reporting to
incorporate process equipment additions and modifications.
- Confer with colleagues and contracts/system integrators
involved in control and data acquisition related projects.
- Perform system software backups and assure the ability to
perform disaster recovery as it relates to control and data
acquisition system failures.
- Maintain process data acquisition and long-term data
- Perform regular review and testing of process safety
- Troubleshoot and/or assist with troubleshooting field
instrumentation and other control system or data acquisition
- Perform and/or assist with system acceptance testing,
commissioning, and start-up.
- Maintain security and accessibility of control systems
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance tasks and
- Maintain project documentation related to system architecture
and database (sequence logic) changes.
- Develop plant wide standards based on industry standards.
- Follow plant wide standards for develop DCS logic and operator
- Provide after-hours system support to a 24/7/365 production
- Track, control, and document changes to DCS control logic
- Coach and mentor staff in the use of control system.
- Prepare and present reports/presentations as requested by
- Additional assignments as deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering (Chemical,
Electrical, Computer, or other related engineering field) OR
bachelor's degree in computer science or related non-engineering
field OR associate degree in a technically related field with at
least 3 years of related experience in a Control System Engineering
environment OR for non-degreed individuals a minimum of 5 years of
related work experience in Control Systems Engineering will be
Keywords: Daikin America, Inc, Decatur , Control System Specialist, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!