Patient Care Aide 4F - PRN, 7a - 7p
Company: Huntsville Hospital Health System
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Demonstrates through behavior Decatur Morgan Hospital's mission,
vision and values.
Additionally, under the direct supervision of licensed nurses, the
nursing assistant performs various duties to assist in the care of
patients in accordance with established policies and
These duties include, but are not limited to, bathing, mouth care,
ambulation assistance, toilet assistance, feeding, measuring vital
signs and blood glucose, and transporting.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Measure and record blood pressure, respirations, temperature,
and pulse rate.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal vital signs and when
to report them to the RN.
- Successfully weigh a patient and record.
- Apply telemetry pads and leads.
- Assess FSBS, record. Differentiate normal and abnormal values
and when to report to the RN.
- Feed patients.
- Calculate and record meal consumption percentage.
- Prepare skin for a surgical procedure.
- Utilize turning and devices to prevent pressure ulcers.
- Keep the patient's environment clean and free of clutter.
- Measure and record intake and output.
- Collect specimens.
- Perform a total bath.
- Perform appropriate perineal care.
- Wash patient's hair.
- Perform oral hygiene.
- Change linen on occupied and unoccupied bed.
- Assist with ambulation of the patient.
- Perform active and passive range of motion.
- Position and reposition the patient.
- Assist with transferring the patient.
- Understand and apply principles of DVT prophylaxis
- Empty drains and record.
- Provide care to the patient with a colostomy.
- Properly care for the patient with a foley catheter.
- Perform a bladder scan and record.
- Remove Foley Catheter and Intravenous Lines
- Follow implemented strategies for the reduction of falls.
- Perform non-sterile dressing changes.
Hunt and gather supplies for the RN.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Uses common sense and special medical skills to care for the
- Understands technical information from supervisors, charts,
reference books, manuals and labels
- Uses eyes, ears, hands and fingers with skill
- Acts quickly in an emergency, rendering appropriate life-saving
- Communicates with people
- Change from one duty to another frequently
- Follow and/or give precise instructions
- Records and interprets information accurately
- Able to care for patients of all ages
- Current in BLS
Education: High school graduate or GED.
Experience: No previous experience required
Keywords: Huntsville Hospital Health System, Decatur , Patient Care Aide 4F - PRN, 7a - 7p, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!