Night Operator I
Company: Veolia Environnement SA
Posted on: March 16, 2023
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com (https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.veolianorthamerica.com/&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1676146482244343&usg=AOvVaw1ngbKeupi4dxwHyP-GMnIl)
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
The Night Operator is required to work an 8-hour 3rd shift schedule or a 8-
hour shift relief schedule with anticipated overtime opportunities (including
days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
This position involves being multi-skilled to handle a variety of tasks without
direct supervision in a high performance work environment. The Operator is
expected to perform additional duties aimed at site safety, continuous
improvement, or fundamental site maintenance. Selection will be based on
qualifications and desire to expand personal knowledge, skills, and abilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Start up and shut down (normal and emergency) plant systems and components.
* Operate, monitor and control plant systems; visually inspect, monitor equipment and process conditions.
* Prepares equipment for maintenance work.
* Reviews, follows and, if qualified, revises detailed process operating procedures, maintenance procedures and safety procedures.
* Troubleshoots equipment to restore to operation.
* Analyzes charts and logs to identify potential or actual problems.
* Identifies system problems to stabilize plant to normal conditions.
* Trains new operators in the area, reinforcing safety and environmental principles.
* Loading and unloading of tank trucks.
* Perform laboratory analysis of products.
* Clerical duties as required.
* Operate mobile equipment.
* Participate/Lead various site teams.
* Willing and able to work in a High Hazard environment; outdoors, indoors, elevated heights and confined spaces
* Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhats, protective eyewear, face shields, respirator, chemical acid suit, etc.
Education / Experience / Background
* High School Diploma/GED equivalent
* Minimum of 1 years' experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
* Experience maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting industrial equipment/machinery
Knowledge / Skill / Abilities
* Ability to navigate the tools of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. and learn new computer systems and software applications
* Current and valid driver's license
* Willing and able to work 8-hour shifts, including overtime, nights, weekends, holidays and short notice call-in if required
* Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders; stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl; visual acuity for close work; able to reach overhead; able to hear and respond to alarms
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Keywords: Veolia Environnement SA, Decatur , Night Operator I, Other , Decatur, Alabama
here to apply!