74D Chemical Operations Specialist
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Join the frontlines to protect against some of the world's most powerful threats. As a Chemical Operations Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will support the country during natural disaster relief efforts and safeguard the nation from chemical and biological warfare.
To perform these functions, you will be trained to expertly handle nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) detection and decontamination equipment so you can assist in the application of NBC defense measures. You will also be asked to maintain disaster plans, operate and perform maintenance on smoke generating equipment, and coordinate with civilian personnel on what to do in an emergency.
• Provide training advice and supervision regarding CBRN equipment and operations
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Operation of CBRN decontamination, defense, detection, and monitoring equipment
• Wear and use of protective equipment
• Hazardous Material Certification (at the awareness level)
• Exposure to toxic agents while wearing CBRN protective equipment
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry, and trigonometry
• Ability to plan and organize
• Ability to work calmly under tremendous stress
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in chemistry, chemical engineering, and chemical disposal.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
After 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you will learn fundamental Soldiering skills, you will attend 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which will include a combination of hands-on and classroom training where you will learn defensive procedures for NBC warfare and preparation of emergency plans.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 83
ZIP Code: 35601
Job Category: Police and Protection
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 hazardous materials material tech technician hazmat waste handler
Keywords: Army National Guard, Decatur , 74D Chemical Operations Specialist, Other , Decatur, Alabama
here to apply!