Patient Access Rep - Part Time, 6p - 6a
Company: Huntsville Hospital Health System
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Professionally and courteously interview patients and/or family members to obtain accurate and complete demographics, financial, and medical information for the registration/admission process and patient identification; verifies insurance eligibility and benefits; estimates patient financial responsibility and collects.; provides a smooth flow of patients through the registration areas.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
1. Accurately identifies patient records using 2 patient identifiers
2. Greets and interviews patients or calls and interviews patients by phone to obtain all necessary insurance and demographic information.
3. Accurately enters data into the registration system, including medical, demographic, insurance, precertification, and medical necessity data.
4. Verifies insurance benefits, precertification status, and medical necessity information.
5. Determines patient financial responsibility, collects and posts all applicable copays, deductibles, and co-insurance balances.
6. Assists patients in making payment arrangements when appropriate.
7. Completes all registrations and preregistrations in a timely manner.
8. Assists patients with completing all necessary admission forms.
9. Escorts patients to treatment locations.
10. Performs registration duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
11. Provides coverage in other Patient Access areas as needed.
12. Provides excellent customer service and service recovery when needed.
13. Required to attend all departmental staff meetings.
14. Successfully completes all required tests and quizzes in NetLearning
15. Responsible for knowledge of all pertinent policies and procedures.
16. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple simultaneous duties.
17. Must utilize AIDET and HEATT to problem solve with patients, visitors, co-workers and staff from other departments.
18. Responsible for managing personal time and attendance, notifying supervisor immediately of issues.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
Education/Licensure: Must have high school diploma or GED.
Experience: 2 years of customer service experience is REQUIRED, advanced typing skills are required.
Additional Skills/Abilities: Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, computer and collection experience required.
Keywords: Huntsville Hospital Health System, Decatur , Patient Access Rep - Part Time, 6p - 6a, Other , Decatur, Alabama
here to apply!