Patient Services Specialist
Company: Gailey Eye Clinic
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Gailey Eye Clinic is looking for a highly motivated and
detail-oriented staff member for our -Patient Services team. The
ideal candidate will have prior experience in offering exceptional
customer service, preferably in a medical office setting. Our team
provides our patients with the care and support they need to make
their experience with Gailey Eye Clinic exceptional. What you will
do in this role:
- Assist patients in person and over the phone in scheduling and
confirming patient diagnostic appointments, exams or medical
consultations by talking with the patient and utilizing patient the
medical record for appointment recall/diagnosis.
- Collects insurance and demographic data as required with
accuracy and speed.
- Verifies insurance eligibility for vision and medical plans
using online resources and software. This includes verifying
product eligibility (glasses, contacts, etc).
- Goes through the check-in and check-out process with the
patient, advising them of any copays, deductibles, or out of pocket
expenses that may be due at the time of service as well as works
closely with patient accounts to aid in billing questions and
- Works multiple reports and spreadsheets in Microsoft Word and
Excel for rescheduling and monitoring patient appointments to
maximize doctor schedules.
- Submits patient insurance claims correctly for payment
- Travel to satellite offices required as needed.
- Provides support and cross trains in other departments,
including but not limited to medical records and patient accounts.
- Experience in customer service environment. -
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently & effectively in a team
- Can work in a stressful environment while continuing to be
friendly and welcoming to both customers and co-workers. Why should
I choose Gailey Eye Clinic? In addition to being part of a
distinguished company with a rich 80+ year history, here are some
other highlights of what we offer members of the Gailey Team. -
- BCBS PPO Health Insurance plan
- Dental Insurance including orthodontic coverage -
- Eyecare plan to include discounts on vision care, glasses, and
- Short-term disability
- Paid long-term disability and life insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid holidays per year
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals that increase with length of
- 401(k) Retirement plan with generous profit-sharing
- $150 annual uniform allowance
- Paid continuing education and certifications
- Employer provided training and development Click -here -to
learn more about Gailey Eye Clinic. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Gailey Eye Clinic, Decatur , Patient Services Specialist, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...