Imaging Technologist 7 On Off - Full Time, 1st Shift
Company: Huntsville Hospital Health System
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Under the direction of the Radiology Director, and a radiologist, performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis. Operates X-Ray Equipment to make quality Images / radiographs of designated body parts. Responsibilities include knowledge of all Imaging procedures. Will be available for emergency on-call procedures as required, or set forth. Recognizes the need for control/assessment of pain for patients and helps to prevent or reduce patient pain levels when possible.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
1. Under the direction of a Radiologist, produces high quality radiographs on all patient age groups.
1. Explains procedure to patient.
2. Position and immobilize patient for procedure.
3. Selects appropriate technical factors for specific body part.
4. Review images for quality and accuracy of positioning.
5. Willingly helps out in Radiology or other departments within Imaging whenever the need arises.
2. Assists Radiologist with Invasive Procedures.
1. Sets up room properly for specific procedure.
2. Practices principles of sterile technique
3. Label items on trays in accordance with required Joint Commission standards.
4. Selects appropriate procedure trays/instruments needed.
5. Obtain images as requested by Radiologist to facilitate diagnosis of disease processes.
3. Maintain Patient and Personal safety.
1. Provides radiation protection to all patients as needed.
2. Practices personal radiation safety measures to minimize annual occupational exposure levels.
3. Follows principles of good body mechanics when lifting.
4. Utilize appropriate transfer techniques for patient condition.
5. Use two (2) identifiers approved by the hospital to verify patient identity.
4. Administer appropriate Contrast media as directed by Radiologist.
1. Administers IV contrast as directed by Radiologist.
2. Assess patient for possible contrast media sensitivity prior to beginning venipuncture.
3. Attends annual inservice on venipuncture techniques.
4. Performs venipuncture as required for procedures.
1. Completes all exams timely in PACS
2. Properly performs procedure for making patient CD's.
3. Verify that written physician order matches order in PACS.
4. Verifies all images are in PACS ,& Scans any required documents, and Adds additional study information in notes section as needed.
5. Knows proper sequence to send images from C-arm to
6. Operates film digitizer to add films to PACS.
6. Trauma Procedures
1. Prioritize sequence of exams to complete
procedures in the shortest amount of time.
2. Takes precautions to ensure that positioning for ordered examinations do not exacerbate the patients injuries.
3. Produce quality images with a maximum amount of image detail.
4. Knowledge of departmental trauma protocols. Completes procedures that must be cleared by a physician prior to moving patient for additional procedures.
5. Practice standard precautions, anticipate exposure to blood and body fluids during trauma radiography.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The Radiologic Technologist is a High school graduate or equivalent; some college preferable; eligible for ARRT registry.
Must have satisfactorily completed AMA approved Radiologic Technologist 24 month training program. CPR Certification required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Use common sense and special medical skills to care for the sick or handicapped. Understand technical information from supervisors, charts, reference books, manuals and labels. Use eyes, hands and fingers with skill. Work fast in an emergency situation. Effectively communicate with people when they are sick, handicapped, or nervous. Follow instructions exactly. Record information accurately. Ability to care for patients of all ages.
Keywords: Huntsville Hospital Health System, Decatur , Imaging Technologist 7 On Off - Full Time, 1st Shift, Other , Decatur, Alabama
here to apply!