Manufacturing Engineer - 2431
Company: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Millennium Engineering and Integration (MEI) is seeking a Full-Time Manufacturing Engineer located in the Huntsville/Decatur, AL area. The position supports the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) New Entrant Certification contract based out of Los Angeles Air Force Base. The candidate will support the certification of New Entrant Launch Service Providers.
* Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
* Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer.
* Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews
* Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
* Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
* Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
* Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
* Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
* Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
* Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
* Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
* Other Duties as Assigned
* 10 years of experience launch vehicle/space sub-system and process engineering expertise with a strong background in launch vehicle subsystems
* BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences; will consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (8 years with MS)
* Relevant work experience in the military or industry will be considered in lieu of degree requirements
* Experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
* Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Some CONUS travel required
* US Citizenship required
Active Secret Clearance preferred
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2431
Keywords: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company, Decatur , Manufacturing Engineer - 2431, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!