Material Handler - Steel Room Operator
Company: Advantage xPO
Posted on: May 13, 2019
Job Title: Material Handler - Steel Room Operator - Decatur, AL Job
Description: Material Handler/Steel Room Operator (2nd?Shift
Position) - 3:30pm ? 2am (Monday thru Thursday); must be available
to work OT on Friday and/or Saturday if needed. About Stanley Black
& Decker Stanley Black & Decker is a leading global diversified
industrial known for superior quality, continual innovation and
rigorous operational discipline.? We are a global leader in
providing tools and storage as well as security services.? For the
builders and protectors, the makers and explores and those shaping
and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, we
provide the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the
job done since 1843. You repair your home and car with the tools we
provide. Your car and your phone are secured with our fasteners.
The things you value most can be protected by our security systems.
And the roads you drive on, the bridges you cross, the energy you
consume, all of these most likely came to you via one of our
infrastructure systems. Job Description ? Material Handler/Steel
Room Operator (2nd Shift Position) Hours:? 3:30pm ? 2am (Monday
thru Thursday); must be available to work OT on Friday and/or
Saturday if needed.
- Operates machines, such as centrifugal and chip separator, to
separate turnings and cutting oils.?
- Loads and moves pans of metal chips, shavings or bar ends from
- Sorts scrap according to type of metal and arranges for
- Picks up and weighs primary machine production.?
- Familiar with MSO routing and simple math?
- Perform other duties as assigned. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:?
- High school diploma?and/or equivalent required
- 2 years related experience ? PHYSICAL:
- Substantial standing or walking.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Exposure to one ore more of these elements:? dust, dirt, heat,
fumes, cold, loud noise, oils/solvents, vibration, and
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to read and write, understand instructions in written,
verbal or diagrammatic form; write simple instruction to provide
- Practical application of fractions, proportion and geometric
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where
only a limited standardization exists Physical Demands
- Walking, standing, using steps frequently
- Use of hands, arms and fingers, reaching regularly
- Lifting and carrying 5-35 pounds regularly; occasionally
lifting 35+ pounds, use of crane for heavy loads
- Stooping, kneeling occasionally
- Use of eyes to visually inspect parts Personal Protective
- Hearing protection
- Safety Glasses
- Safety shoes ? slip resistant and safety toe
- Other additional PPE may be required when operating machinery
or using chemicals. Working Conditions Inside working environment,
on production floor; floor becomes slippery with oil.? Noise levels
on production floor require hearing protection, temperature
fluctuates dependent on season.?? Working around powered industrial
vehicles.? Working with and around oil and chemicals.? ? Leadership
- Courage & Innovation ? Bravely innovate without boundaries.
Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital
solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance ? Simplify to accelerate business
results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right
things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration ? Respect and leverage all aspects
of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view.
Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive
- Integrity & Accountability ? Operate with highest ethical
standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with
transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own
the results. Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker
company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.? All qualified applicants
that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. About Advantage Resourcing At Advantage Resourcing, our
primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the
appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career
positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs
working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering,
IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call
centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales. Our strength is
being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people
that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each
opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the
personal and career success you desire. The Company supports
affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company
will provide equal employment in employment practices to all
applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made
without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not
limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability,
national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance,
disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces
service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic
information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the
Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this
application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The
Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local
non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide
reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing
process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application
or interviewing process, please contact us. Additional Details: ?
Job ID: 367265 Dept ID: 10734 Location: Decatur, AL United States
of America Industry: Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing Job
Type: Direct Hire Position Folder Group ID 219 Posted Date:5/9/2019
Domain:xpo Contact: [email?protected]--
Keywords: Advantage xPO, Decatur , Material Handler - Steel Room Operator, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!