Physical Therapist - PRN in Decatur, Alabama - Careers at Decatur Morgan HomeCare
Company: Decatur Morgan HomeCare
Posted on: June 10, 2019
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
The Physical Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and other
medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation,
Physical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan,
performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the
patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy
needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy
plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and
any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function,
and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care
team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan
of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical
therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Decatur Morgan HomeCare, Decatur , Physical Therapist - PRN in Decatur, Alabama - Careers at Decatur Morgan HomeCare, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!