Ethics & Compliance Specialist 4
Company: United Launch Alliance
Posted on: August 10, 2019
United Launch Alliance is seeking an experienced Ethics and
Compliance Specialists for our manufacturing facility located in
Decatur, Alabama! Become a part of our team dedicated to fostering
an ethical, values-based culture while transforming the future of
The Ethics and Compliance Specialist (Ethics Officer):
* Coaches and educates employees, business partners and leaders to
ensure consistent application of the company s Ethics and Business
Conduct policy and Code of Conduct.
* Promotes an ethical "values-based culture.
* Manages and investigates employee concerns and allegations of
misconduct (constitutes a major portion of Ethics Officer
* Develops enterprise communications and ethics and compliance
* Monitors the effectiveness of the company s compliance management
processes and oversees the compliance risk management process.
* Performs analysis related to ethical and compliance performance
trends and conducting root cause analysis to identify and mitigate
* Performs case administration system documentation and
* Develops processes and procedures for conducting business in
accordance with the company s ethical standards and in full
compliance with applicable law, regulations, all internal policies
and the Code of Conduct.
* Coordinates and collaborates with Legal Counsel, Human Resources,
Security and Internal Audit
* Maintains healthy business relationships with external regulatory
* Contributes to the development of overall objectives and
long-range goals of the Ethics and Compliance organization.
* Participates in the development of organizational policies for
* Represents the Ethics organization as a prime contact on
* Advises management on major matters pertaining to the
organization s policies, plans, and objectives
The Ethics Officer reports to the Director of Ethics and
The ideal candidate possesses these attributes:
* Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain an atmosphere of trust
with employees at all levels of the organization, customers,
external vendors, and business partners.
* Ability to influence and challenge colleagues, partners and
customers while maintaining a collaborative, trust-based
* Ability to maintain objectivity, professional distance and
* Ability to work with employees in emotionally charged
* Experience independently developing solutions to a variety of
complex problems requiring interpretation of policy.
* Experience managing several matters simultaneously, maintaining
an attention for detail.
* Experience assessing risks associated with corporate policy
* Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations to
* Ability to use effective two-way communication in written,
graphic and verbal capacities.
* Ability to influence and foster a "values-based culture" focused
on the creation of business value.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
United Launch Alliance offers:
* Flexible Work Schedule: ULA operates to a standard work schedule
of 9/80 with the alternate Fridays off.
* Employee Incentive Plan: ULA rewards employees for their
contributions toward achieving ULA s annual goals.
* Tuition Assistance: ULA offers financial assistance to employees
seeking college and university degrees and job-related professional
* Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Accident &
Disability plans that start Day 1.
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday schedule, and matching
401K Savings plan.
External Additional Requirements
* Bachelors Degree or 4 years of directly related experience may be
used in lieu of a degree.
* 6-10 years experience in counseling, human resources, legal,
management, or policy governance role.
* Experience conducting workplace investigations and writing
effective investigations reports.
* 10% travel required.
* Must have valid driver's license
External Preferred Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree in social sciences related field (e.g. Human
Resource, Psychology, Sociology, etc.)
* Masters Degree
* 10 years combined experience in counseling, human resources,
legal, management, or policy governance role.
* Experience in labor relations and working with a union
* Experience working in Aerospace and/or DoD environment.
* Familiar with Federal Sentencing Guidelines For Organizations and
Defense Industry Initiative (DII) Best Practices.
Functional Job Description
Safety to Self and Others: Must be able to perform all assigned
tasks in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee may be exposed to repetitive motion injuries due to
keyboarding or to cuts and bruises due to typical office
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use computer and office equipment
and to use hands to type, manipulate, handle, and feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required
to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to
climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is
typical of most office environments with telephones, personal
interruptions, and background noises.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in
writing and use interpersonal skills. The employee is regularly
required to prioritize, multitask, analyze, interpret, coordinate,
compile, evaluate, synthesize, compute, problem solve, concentrate,
and think critically. The employee is occasionally required to
copy, instruct, and negotiate.
Judgment and Decision-Making: Work is regularly assigned by self,
supervisor, and departmental staff. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to exercise prudent
judgment, decision making, and analytical skills to determine
manner and operational steps necessary to properly handle inquiries
and perform daily tasks within professional standards. Decision
making is guided by ULA policies and procedures.
All tasks described in the job description must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. The duties and responsibilities listed are intended only as
illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statements of fundamental job duties and
responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the
work is similar, related or a logical assignment for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations
(ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject
to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore,
all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15
(e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or
protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3) for additional information.)
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program.
Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by
clicking on the links identified below.
E-Verify Participation poster (English - Spanish ) and Right to
Work poster (English -
Keywords: United Launch Alliance, Decatur , Ethics & Compliance Specialist 4, Other , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!