Automation Service Technician - Decatur
Company: DeShazo Crane Company
Posted on: January 12, 2020
POSITION: Automation Service Technician - Decatur
JOB ID: 499
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Position: AUTOMATION SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Location: DECATUR, AL
Perform mechanical and electrical assembly of new and refurbished,
custom made automation equipment. This includes planning and
plumbing of custom pneumatic circuits and/or hydraulic lines into
electronic valves to complete the material handling system. In
addition, reading schematics, drawings and BOM s to apply all
individual components, fasteners, and sub-assemblies. Typical
workcells can contain robots, conveyors, control panels, safety
guarding, and process specific equipment.
The candidate will perform basic electrical assembly including
planning and layout of backplates and wiring of custom control
cabinets. In addition, reading schematics and BOM s to correctly
wire and install individual components, PLC s, drives and
The candidate should possess the ability to recognize design
deficiencies or malfunctions where immediate determinations or
corrections are needed to enhance quality and/or safety.
* Layout, drilling, tapping, and cutting with hand power tools.
* Welding and painting of custom fabrication
* Travel and work in unfamiliar environments (20%).
* Layout and modification of custom panels and mechanical
* Install mechanical systems such as robots, safety fences, cranes,
* Work independently, with minimal supervision.
* Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
* Inspect equipment for quality and safety issues.
* Work from electrical schematics.
* Work hours and shifts as necessary for installations.
* Work in other areas of the show as required.
* High School Diploma
* 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN A MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL OR AUTOMATION
* Fork lift experience
* Valid driver s license
* Speak, read, and understand English
* Read and write proficiently
* Own your own basic mechanic s tools
* Pass drug screen and background check.
* Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
* Stand/walk for 8-12 hour shifts.
* Be able to work in any position (stand, kneel, sit.).
* Be able to work in any environment (hot, cold, dusty, dirty,
* Be able to normally see, hear and talk
* Medical / Dental / Vision
* 401k plan with match
* Short and long-term disability insurance available
* Company-paid basic life insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Additional life insurance available
* 8 paid holidays
* PTO Program
* Tool purchase program
* Weekly pay periods with direct deposit
* Competitive pay
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES/WOMEN/PROTECTED
VETERANS/DISABLED/OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY
DESHAZO S MISSION: Deshazo is committed to elevating our clients
business needs through custom-built cranes and tailor-made
automation systems. We enhance our products by providing expert
inspections, repairs, modernizations or rebuilds
Apply for this Position
Keywords: DeShazo Crane Company, Decatur , Automation Service Technician - Decatur, Professions , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!