Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought, and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Practical understanding of industrial/manufacturing principles,
standards, methods, and practices. Knowledge of disciplined
problem-solving methods. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
and make appropriate decisions. Ability to direct and supervise
others, objectively evaluate performance, and train and develop
others. Problem solving and project management skills.
- Communicating & influencing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Key communication skills (with emphasis on mutual respect).
Ability to inspire, motivate, influence others.
- Knowledge of positive employee-relations practices.
- Problem Solving.
Required for the Maintenance Supervisor
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in a
- High School diploma required.
Preferred for the Maintenance Supervisor
- Two year college degree preferred.
- Applies management expertise to improve efficiency and
accomplish operational objectives within own area of
- Has breadth and depth of expertise in a technical or functional
- Knowledge of work processes and tools is generally limited to
own area of responsibility or department.
- Sets priorities for employees to meet daily deadlines; develops
plans to meet short term objectives.
- Works within budgetary/financial objectives set by
- Practical understanding of industrial/maintenance principles,
standards, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of disciplined problem-solving methods. Knowledge of
positive employee relations practices.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves operational problems
using defined processes, expertise and judgement.
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan;
receives guidance and oversight from manager.
- Effectively coaches, gives performance feedback and may provide
development opportunities for a shift, team or unit.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; sets high expectations for
- Innovative problem-solving skills, including motivation to
discover "Win-Win" outcomes whenever possible.
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Direct, candid and mature interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy and able to influence others.
- Willingness to offer a dissenting opinion before final
decisions are reached.
- Assertiveness in support of safety and operational
- Ability to successfully coordinate internal and external
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Disciplined results orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Decatur , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!