Packaging Production Supervisor
Company: Frank Group
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionCore Functions:
- Promote safety by driving a zero incident culture ensuring the
safety of all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ensure plant is compliant with all corporate safety
- Be an effective safety leader engaging in Company Oils safety
discussions and initiatives.
- Executes good manufacturing practices while promoting a safe
working environment and maintaining sanitation standards (GMP and
HAACP) through the supervision of all phases of the production
- Practices basic principles of good people management to include
but not limited to hiring and training of new employees and
development of subordinates. Build and develop teams for maximum
efficiency and responsiveness.
- Continually identifies and implements short and long term cost
savings opportunities, in the areas of packaging operations that do
not compromise quality
- Facilitates good communication by regularly informing
management of significant operational issues, changes and
- Participates in food safety inspections including interacting
with plant QA, regulatory agencies, and external auditors
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation levels for packaging
- Participate and sustain productivity activities.
- Coordinate the development of written Standard Operating
Procedures and ensure the proper training and adherence to such
- Administer or coordinate discipline to affected employees.
- Work with Packaging Manager, Project Engineers, and Maintenance
Department on developing and implementing a Capital Plan.
- Respond and take corrective action related to customer
- Maintain understanding of capacities, monitor daily levels and
plan future moves
- Operate department using objectives and goals reviewed daily,
weekly and monthly.
- Ensure integrity of all SAP transactions.
- Responsible for the daily operation of an area on the shift
- Must meet OEE and other goals as outlined by manager.
- Responsible for scheduling of employees and work assignments in
the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Responsible for the effective training of employees under your
- Be prepared to work a flexible, 8, 10, or 12 hour schedule that
will include off shifts and weekends
- Has the responsibility to report all food safety and quality
issues to persons having authority to get issues resolved.
- Any other duties as assigned.Skill/Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years direct supervisory experience in packaging
production or related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the field of
- Demonstrate ability to work safely and to promote safe work
practices in others
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record of developing
high performance teams. Work with self- directed teams a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams with other managers,
supply chain professionals, sales and commercial, and engineering
both internal and external to the facility.
- Knowledge of Packaging operations.
- Proven ability to manage, develop, motivate and train
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office
(Excel, Work, and PP), SAP and other technical software
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative, intelligent and hard
Keywords: Frank Group, Decatur , Packaging Production Supervisor, Professions , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!