Electrical Maintenance Technician
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) is a recognized
leader in high-performance specialty alloy-based materials and
process solutions for critical applications in the aerospace,
defense, transportation, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer
electronics markets. Founded in 1889, Carpenter has evolved to
become a pioneer in premium specialty alloys, including titanium,
nickel, and cobalt, as well as alloys specifically engineered for
additive manufacturing (AM) processes and soft magnetics
applications. Carpenter recently expanded its AM capabilities to
provide a complete "powder-to-part" solution to accelerate
materials innovation, offer rapid prototyping, and streamline parts
production.ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANPRIMARY DUTIES
- Safely performs assigned tasks competently and efficiently.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Performs job tasks for the planning and execution of
- Responsible to maintain up to date spare parts and
- Provides communication to maintenance and production groups to
maintain and enhance equipment reliability.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and/or
electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using
precision measuring and testing instruments. Remove/replace
defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by
inspecting parts, using calipers, micrometers and other measuring
instruments. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
instruments by using hand tools, precision tools and
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop equipment.
- Work independently to ensure operation of plant assets by the
timely completion of preventative and condition-based maintenance
requirements on furnaces, presses, hydraulic systems, engines,
motors, pumps, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production
machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals,
manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications to
trouble shoot malfunctions.
- Demonstrates proficiency and competency in two or more
technical skills, For example, welding, precision machining, mill
right, instrument calibration, PLC troubleshooting, low voltage mx,
medium voltage mx, high voltage mx,
- As part of a crew based team, assist with Production related
- Perform other duties as needed in support of the plant.
- Support the plant with overtime as required and willingness to
work a rotating shift.REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate (AS) degree in Electrical, Manufacturing Controls
(PLCs) or an equivalent number of years of education and relevant
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant electrical and/or
instrumentation experience in an industrial manufacturing
- Must have strong experience with Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand control logic, flow
diagrams, instrument loops and control circuits
- Requires the ability to pass a pre-employment test, background
check and physical including drug and alcohol screen
- Must meet company fall protection requirements
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime when needed or
required (including weekends and holidays)Carpenter Technology
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending
accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as
well as many other options to employees.Carpenter Technology
Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program
of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all
employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes,
and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available
regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political
affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The
Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for
qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Decatur , Electrical Maintenance Technician, Professions , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!