Supervisor, Construction - Decatur, AL
Posted on: August 6, 2022
** Shift Tuesday-Saturday 8am-5pm**
The Construction Supervisor will ensure all field operations are
carried out safely, on schedule, within quality standards and
- Supervises Construction Coordinators and Survey Staff. Use
strong leadership skills to effectively manage, train, mentor and
coach direct reports to meet goals and expectations. Create a
culture of teamwork and demonstrates the value of teamwork through
- Work with Senior Leadership team to rebuild Survey methods and
techniques for Pre-field, Walk Out Validation, FTTH overlay and
package creation using Visio, Microsoft Word, Excel platforms
(including roll out for training).
- Responsible for compliance on all daily, weekly and monthly
reporting (i.e. DOCK, Salesforce, Tech Logs, Work Assure,
- Assist in preparation of monthly budget and analysis of yearly
- Develop and maintain reports on Construction activity and keep
leadership informed of progress on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
vendors, contractors, utility companies and public officials.
- Coordinates new builds and rebuilds for compliance with
Department of Transportation standards (DOT) and wide area networks
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame,
funding limitations, action plans and procedures, staffing
requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases
- Prioritize projects to best meet business needs.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project.
Assigns duties and responsibilities.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and
to resolve problems.
- Supervises activities of project personnel to ensure timely
completion and that project remains within prescribed budget.
- Inspect work performed by Charter staff and contractors to
ensure compliance with Charter quality requirements and
- Coordinates project activities, ensuring compliance with all
relevant governmental and regulatory agencies. Ensures compliance
with all safety regulations and requirements, including but not
limited to OSHA rules. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer proficiency and advanced skills in Access, Word, Excel,
Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and other required systems.
- Knowledge of project management, project budgeting, and project
feasibility and analysis is required.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of CATV design, manual
drawings, blueprints and building materials.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and a safe driving
- Ability to read and interpret maps and blueprints.
- Knowledge of specifications plans and project estimates.
- Ability to create clear and concise reports, analyze those
reports and provide recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires
ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with
all clients, vendors, the general public and employees.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction and manage several
- Must be able to complete construction projects under scheduled
deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Associates degree; or equivalent experience and education.
Preferred degree in Computer Science, or EE, EET.
- One to three years leadership experience.
- Minimum 3 yrs. construction experience or related technical field
within the telecommunications industry.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND FREQUENCY:
May require daily travel to network equipment sites in the area.
Possible overnight travel to remote locations with the Region, as
needed. Possible overnight travel out of area for training EFR400
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Decatur , Supervisor, Construction - Decatur, AL, Professions , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!