CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - DMB Vance
Company: Averitt Express
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Stop By Our Hiring Event
Where: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, 4980 Academy Ct., Bessemer, AL 35022
When: Monday, September 10 from 12 pm to 6 pm
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through September 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.Now hiring local CDL-A drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience.If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt has opportunities for professional dedicated CDL-A drivers to help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Vance, Alabama!
Whether you're on a drop & hook or backing into a local auto supplier's dock for a pick up (within a 150-mile radius), this driving position will have you home daily! Plus, no-touch freight means this excellent career opportunity is much more than just good pay and great benefits!This full-time position entails:
- Days of the week vary, could be required to work Saturday/Sunday.
- Up to 12 hour shifts; average 55-60 hours per week.
- There may be daily/weekly extended work hours as required to meet operational needs.
- Start time for shifts vary, but are between 4:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- This is a night shift position.
- Everything will be confirmed during your interview.
- You will be home daily!
- Moving freight and trailers from local suppliers back and forth to the customer's location
- All drop and hook, no-touch freight!
- Maintenance shop and fuel on-site.
- Nice equipment that is 2015 or newer tractors and 2017 trailers.**black steel toe shoes required**Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay is $18/ hour; top out pay of $19/ hour reached within 1 year.
- Average $990- $1,080/ week.
_____________________________Paid Training Programs:Trainee:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1- 5 weeks. After training you will start at $18/ hour.
_____________________________Check out the many benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverageWith the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Averitt Express, Decatur , CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - DMB Vance, Professions , Decatur, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!